Re: Round 2 of M have begun and a view point.

On Saturday 09 August 2003 01:49, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> I agree with Ahmad here.  I highy suggest that words removed should be
> saved elsewhere for later inspection (in .po format).  I'll add Munzir 4
> removed words to the above noted file and commit the change to start
> the ball rolling (as this is a pass #2 task).  Please look at the file
> and that the comment above each word (to note who rejected the word, etc).

..And just when you though that by round 2 we will be over, another
list file had emerged. I fetched the top 1000 requested words from
dict.org and soon should come up with 1000 new words (give or take).

I guess a bigger task awaits us. It is QA. If you go over the translated
words (yours, mine, his, etc) you will find off the wall translations.
Take for example the word "fast". No, it is not what you think. I am
sure many words will have similar off the wall translations.

We can _only_ know what needs to be enhanced if we put it online.
Dictd server for example and such log can be monitored as which
words need to be added if the server 'dictd' failed to fetch due to
unavailability. A web page that takes suggestions from users instead
of what the actual translations we provided. Let people mail in
a word and associated translation. Some QA person could approave
such suggestions or not...Go ahead, I will look after such task.

Regards,
--
Ahmad Al-rasheedan (http://webhost.fasttelco.com/asr)