Re: Round 2 of Wordlist & view point

--- Ahmad Al-rasheedan <asr at baldi dot cc> wrote:
> On Saturday 09 August 2003 01:49, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > I agree with Ahmad here.  I highy suggest that words removed should be
> > saved elsewhere for later inspection (in .po format).  I'll add Munzir 4
> > removed words to the above noted file and commit the change to start
> > the ball rolling (as this is a pass #2 task).  Please look at the file
> > and that the comment above each word (to note who rejected the word, etc).
> >

> ..And just when you though that by round 2 we will be over, another
> list file had emerged. I fetched the top 1000 requested words from
> dict.org and soon should come up with 1000 new words (give or take).

As noted - these 1000 words will be taken care of.

> I guess a bigger task awaits us. It is QA. If you go over the translated
> words (yours, mine, his, etc) you will find off the wall translations.
> Take for example the word "fast". No, it is not what you think. I am
> sure many words will have similar off the wall translations.
>
> We can _only_ know what needs to be enhanced if we put it online.
> Dictd server for example and such log can be monitored as which
> words need to be added if the server 'dictd' failed to fetch due to
> unavailability. A web page that takes suggestions from users instead
> of what the actual translations we provided. Let people mail in
> a word and associated translation. Some QA person could approave
> such suggestions or not...Go ahead, I will look after such task.

Yeah, we'd planned to rework QaMoose to use the full_wordlist and to use
its past abilities to give you the ability to do what you describe above
(in a round about way).  I've been the bottleneck on that effort (I know :-)
but now that the wordlist is coming along, I'll try to revive that effort
sooner rather than later inshalla (let's see if I can make a day be 30
hours instead of its customary 24 :-)