Re: PluralForm for arabic

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 04:15:07PM +0100, Hicham Amaoui wrote:
> Hi all,
> Some changes must be made to kdelibs.po and to every translation that
> begin with "_n:.." to support
> PluralForm for arabic.

I am not sure why this is the case. Although I appreciate the effort, this has
created problems in the past (directly contacting KDE people). So, that being
said, all contacts concerning KDE translation issues you contact ME. I am
listed as the Arabic team translator, so you take your issues up with me, and
not with Kulow or Thomas. I then contact them when I feel the need to, or if I
am unable to answer your questions.

Now, back to the issue at hand. We have discussed this issue with Thomas (who
is the kde-i18n maintainer) and have settled to putting it as 'NoPlural' for
Arabic. This kind of confusion is EXACTLY why we don't want people to contact
the KDE maintainers direcly. That is why there are teams, and that is why they
assign coordinators.

Please, in the future, email me privately first before posting messages to
'doc' and contacting KDE maintainers. If you don't find what I tell you
helpful, after contacting me, then feel free to contact whoever you please.

Thank you.