Re: Problems installing VIM..

--- ahmed wrote:
> Salam all,
>
> I'm ahmed, a new KDE translator. I wanted to install
> VIM in my computer but I have some problems.

Welcome aboard Ahmed..

> 1) I didn't find the file: 10X21.pcf.Z after
> downloading and untaring the arabic_shapes and the
> patch I found in the VIM section at the arabeyes.org
> site. Is't the same as 10X21.bdf I found instead?

Its noted here,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/download/external/vim/10x21.pcf.Z
  -or-
  http://www.arabeyes.org/download/external/vim/10x20.bdf.gz

> 2)I couldn't apply the patch arabic_shapes.patch. When
> I write the command:
> patch -d -p0 < arabic_shapes.patch
> inside /usr/share/vim. I get the following message:
> Can't change to directory -p0 : no such file or
> directory.

Did you download the vim-6.0 source into /usr/share/vim - I'd
guess you don't have the source in that directory and are possibly
looking a the pre-installed binary.  Make sure to follow all the
directions noted in the README file on cvsweb and pay extra attention
to where you put all those files (grab the source from www.vim.org).
Also note the version of the 'patch' command.

If you have further problems, mail me privately.