Re: Math and Scientific Terminology in Maalam

I lived/studied in Algeria 7th to 11th grade...

many different notations as you sead... i think we should allow both to
co-exist,,, I don't think the arab league would help define a
standard... even if one is defined by an arab "mathematical" society i
don't think people in the maghreb will use a different notation than the
one they are used to...

another difference:
	(x,y) in one notation is (س,ص) and (س,ع)
                                 (seen,sad) and (seen,3ain)

i think it is a matter of user preference... even if there is a standard
and it is applied, so many people would be used to the old one.