Re: Ghaith Nasrawi (URL)

On Sunday 30 September 2001 14:36, ibrahim k wrote:
> al salam alikoum
> I'm new here:)

Welcome !!

> URL mean Uniform Resource Locator
> Mohaded almawared al mowahaad

This is translations that we DO NOT want .. we want something that couldbe
easily understood for an avarage user .. the fact is abbreviations like URL
that is commonly used have a meaning that is diverted from it's use .. not
fromthe originating words of it .. Would it make sense to translate FAT (File
Allocation Table) to "masfofat tathbeet al malafat" or any other thing . no
because the avarage computer user in USA have no idea what does FAT or URL
stand for .. and he uses and sees these word with no problem ..

Chahine have some very god ideas about arabization .. What do you think
Chahine ?

		Yours
			Isam