Re: take a deep breath [was Re: Thanks to Mohammed Gamal,Desktop.po is done]

Isam Bayazidi wrote:

> cache ( as in web browsers)

no idea... could use the same written in Arabic, it would be the easiest way for
our neurones, kaaf alef sheen. If one wants to be a purist, it comes from the
photography field and it's 7aajeb, but that's not very speaking for my neurones...

> cookie (in web browsers)

a cake's name? Keep as is imo.

> Authentication (I thought of "Tawtheeq")

perfect/

> Authorization  ( I thought of "Tar`7ees")

perfect/

> Certificate (I thought of "Ro`7sa")

certificate is shahaada in Arabic. Rokhsa is synonymous of tarkhees afaik.

> Certification (Here comes "Tar`7ees" again ! , any suggestions)

My dictionnary says "ta2keed beshahaada", "2ithbaat", or "taSdeeq". The first is a
two word combination, so to be avoided if we have other choices that are not more
difficult to understand. That said, awzaan semantic rules allow us in Arabic to
simply use "Ish'haad"? "2ithbaat" might be confused with "tathbeet", one of the
terms used for "installation" in all Arabic dialects I am aware of. "taSdeeq"
seems okay, but it would be better to have certification and certificate to be
uniform in Arabic (?), so maybe then one would use "Sadaaqa" for certificate (Saad
dal alef qaaf)? I don't know, there you have my unordered ideas about two possible
terminologies for certificate/certification, inspire yourself:)

> peer (thought of "nid", it have the exact meaning, do you see it easy going ?)

yes this looks perfect. I don't know how it is in MSA, in my dialect we say
"nedeed/n°deed", I thought it was the same in MSA... I would be curious to know
how this is in other dialects. If it is quite uniform among dialects, we will keep
the RA form and make it technical MSA:), easier for our brains. If it changes a
lot from one dialect to another, we revert to the MSA form.

> proxy (I used it as is .. in arabic alphabet )

looks alright to me.

Great job guys....
Chahine