Keyboard layouts? (Re: Qt3 and KBabel)

Am Sonntag, 16. September 2001 08:26 schrieb Thomas Diehl:

> Am Samstag, 15. September 2001 17:20 schrieb Abou-Zeid Gerdi:
> > Yesterday I installed Qt3 and now I'm going to install KBabel.
> > I know that I have to update kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase and kdesdk!
> > Can anybody tell me what I otherwise need to install Kbabel!
>
> In theory, these packages are all you need (KBabel is in kdesdk). In
> practice, the Qt3 version of KBabel is unusable at the moment since the
> translation changes do not stick (as soon as you page down a changed
> string switches back to its former state).
>
> But even if Lars Knoll finds the time to fix this problem it will
> probably take a while until all KBabel features work again in Qt/KDE3 --
> including highlighting, diff, copying of tags and strings etc. The main
> priority at the moment is to get kind of a "basic version" up and running
> for the bidi teams like Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew, and the RTL version of
> Kurdish. (OTOH, most of these teams have still some work before them to
> get their keyboard layouts fully supported in X11 and KDE.)

Speaking of keyboard layouts for the RTL languages: What is the status
of your teams? I know from various postings by Arash Zeini that there is
quite some progress for Farsi in this area. But what about Arabic and
RTL Kurdish?

From what I read in the kde-i18n-doc mailing list I think a joint
initiative of the RTL teams would be in order to get support for at least
Arabic and Farsi keyboard layouts into XFree86?

(If you don't remember what this is about please look eg at these postings:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=100003681111493&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=100015306824343&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=100030767909491&w=2)

Regards,