Re: [kde-ar] How to ?

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 01:09:03PM +0000, djaghlouli kamel wrote:
> sallam Allikoum.
> In the first, I present me, My name is Djaghlouli Kamel,

Welcome!

> Mechanical engineer, I have made a little contribution in the
> project of arabic translation of Linux-Mandrake .

url?

> - How to download the POT files. ?

There are several ways you can download the pot files:

1. http://www.arabeyes.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/arabeyes/doc/kde-i18n/

	This is the web interface to the Arabeyes CVS repository. For those who find
the words 'CVS Repository' intimidating, think of it as a see-through
bullet-proof glass safe. It is where we keep all our work as a safe place to

	You can click on a file, and download it (right-click, save as, etc.).

2. http://www.arabeyes.org/papers/howto-cvs/

	This is a short howto explaining how you can login to the CVS pserver
as user 'anoncvs' and password 'anoncvs'. This will allow you to download the
entire (or part) of the cvs repository. Please check the doc archives for more
explanation.

3. http://www.kde.org/anoncvs.html

	This is the KDE anonymous CVS howto, where you can get the pot files
straight from KDE. I personally don't recommend that, for consitency's sake.
But, that's one way of doing it.

> - How to submit the translated file. ?

You need to email 'contact at arabeyes dot org' and request a cvs account. An account
will be created for you and you will then have cvs commit rights. The way you
commit (submit) files is outlines in the above mentioned howto-cvs
(http://www.arabeyes.org/papers/howto-cvs/) on the developers section.

> - How to follow the state of translation, and Who translated
> What ?.

To follow the translation status and who's been doing what, there are two
sources of information:

	1. http://www.arabeyes.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/arabeyes/doc/kde-i18n/
			Again, the CVSWeb provides a nice interface which lets you know, who
submitted what, when, etc.

	2. http://www.arabeyes.org/projects/kde.php
			This is the KDE status page, you may want to check that frequently.

> - Why we should communicate in English ?

Because English is the lingua franca of computers! Because it is a guaranteed
language to reach the largest audience. There are people who do not speak
Arabic but are watching our development. Also, Arabic script is not supported
on all platforms at all times, etc. I have explained this in an earlier post
(check the archives - http://www.arabeyes.org/archives/doc/)

> I also suggest also to configure mailman to add [ kde-ar ] to
> the object of each message posted on the list

This has been suggested and shot-down some time ago in the general mailing
list (http://www.arabeyes.org/archives/general/).

Thanks!

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://www.fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/         |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                        |
| University of North Texas            | http://www.fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |