Re: Hi

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 04:32:14AM +0400, almuhairi wrote:
> Hi!
> My name is Abdulla.  I am maintaining the Arabic translation of a GPL
> accounting program.  It is called sql-ledger, and located at

Ah, never used it.

> www.sql-ledger.com.  I am not a programmer but I would like to see if
> there is any way I can help.  The reason that I am subscribing is to
> warn you not to translate the whole KDE interface (malaf for file,

Gee, thanks! You want us to drop the entire project? Heh. I don't think at
this point this is going to happen.

> etc..).  Most Arabic windows users that I know prefer to use the English
> version but with Arabic enabled.  They do this for the simple fact that
> Arabic is not really a computer language (I am sorry to say this but to

others have answered this better than I would, so I'll just leave it at that.

> that they are the dominant ones.  Thats all for now, and good luck.

I just want to mention that, that target audience of this translation is not
necessarily experienced computer users, but rather, newcomers to the computer
use.

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://www.fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/         |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                        |
| University of North Texas            | http://www.fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |