Hi

Hi!
My name is Abdulla. I am maintaining the Arabic translation of a GPL accounting program. It is called sql-ledger, and located at www.sql-ledger.com. I am not a programmer but I would like to see if there is any way I can help. The reason that I am subscribing is to warn you not to translate the whole KDE interface (malaf for file, etc..). Most Arabic windows users that I know prefer to use the English version but with Arabic enabled. They do this for the simple fact that Arabic is not really a computer language (I am sorry to say this but to me it seems to have some validity). I think what we need in KDE is to enable koffice to work with Arabic. Maybe an Arabic enabled icq and irc client would be nice too. I know that this is a lot to ask for now, but it is what most Arabic users really need. One problem that I faced during the translation of this sql-ledger was wether to use windows fonts, or ISO fonts. I finally decided to use windows Cp fonts since that they are the dominant ones. Thats all for now, and good luck.