Re: KBabel

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 12:55:20PM +0000, Mohammed Gamal wrote:
> Salam All,
> In an E-Mail from Mohammed El-Zubeir he said that
> KBabel is the preferred translation utility in KDE,
> but I have a correction for this, when KDE3 will be
> released QT Linguist will be used instead of KBabel.

Actually Qt Linguist is designed to translate strings
within the Qt toolkit and does not work for the KDE
PO files. In fact, it won't parse the file correctly and
simple refuse to load it.

KBabel is specifically designed for KDE's translation.
Refer to the KDE site (http://i18n.kde.org/) for more
info.