Re: transliteration

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 10:28:23PM -0800, Timothy A. Gregory wrote:
> I've noticed that the transliteration scheme everyone seems to use here
> is not one I'm familiar with. Is there a document somewhere describing
> it?

Your best reference at the moment are two places,
  http://www.arabeyes.org/archives/doc/
    [there are many threads that will probably answer most of your questions]
  http://i18n.kde.org/
    [there are many documents and howto's for translation work on KDE]

You may also want to grab a fresh copy of kde3alpha off of the kde anonymous
cvs and compile it from source. KBabel (if I remember correctly, it's part of
kdeutils) is the preferred KDE translation utility by KDE. Since this requires
some good knowledge of your system and able to fix little glitches here and
there (this is bleeding edge kde) to make it work for you. I know for sure,
getting to compile on FreeBSD was no joy ride (but it did compile).

Have fun.