Re: compalin.....!!!

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:41:47 +0200
 "Hamza Soft" wrote:

> 1-I hear that IBM-egytp made translation to KDE (not arabeyes),i s you the
> only group responsable to Transaltion to KDE or there is other?

If IBM had made such work - we are unaware of it (please provide a URL or
an email contact address).  The point is not who does the work (or who gets
the credit), the point is to propel Arabic to the forefront of software
development and to get the work "done".  Arabization and translation is
a very small subset of all the work that we, as Arabs, have to do in the
linux/unix arena.  If IBM, or any other group, is working on KDE or any
other project, we would LOVE to assist in any way possible to get to the
desired outcome sooner rather than later.

> 2-there some guys in egypt say they are the sponser to linux arabization.
> ,if not could you give me the name or any thing to know who is the mger to
> that wonderful project(arabeyes).

I'm not sure what you are seeking with this question.  Linux is open source
and as such ANYONE can do whatever they please (either publicly or
privately).  Arabeyes is a grass-roots open-source effort in which decisions
are made by consensus no one, at arabeyes or elsewhere, holds the ultimate
authority -- what we need though is a common meeting-point to organize our
efforts; please revisit the 'about' section (for further non-translation
questions email 'contact at arabeyes.org' or post to 'general at arabeyes.org')

  http://www.arabeyes.org/about.php

> 3-Need help to transalate some words like:
>   copy sekelton---->??????
>   Home directory--->??????
>   downloadable directory--->??????

If those words don't exist in QaMoose (ie. do a search),

  http://www.arabeyes.org/qamoose/index.cgi

make sure to add them once someone on this list replies with suggestions.

BTW: We await your translation work :-)