Re: A few things to note

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 10:26:36AM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> Wouldn't a Makefile type approach suffice ?  In other words, note the
> files that were committed to KDE and do incremental commits there after.

Well, that is not really the issue here. The mechanism by which commits
to KDE happen are not a problem (and yes it's on my list to automate by
shell script - actually I *do* use a shell script, but not sophisticated
enough to tell diffs.. just chekcks for certain files, copies ones over,
etc.).

The problem is, how do I prevent translation work to continue on files
which may have/will be modified when it goes over the KDE side. In other
words, how do we minimize lost work from Arabeyes translators while
keeping up with KDE? Locking the kde-i18n module will give us time to make sure
no one changes anything until KDE says, okay your files are good to go,
or.. oh, this file here has two extra strings, here they are. Then I would
grab those files and put em back on Arabeyes CVS. In the meantime, someone
may have continued to translate some more strings on the same file.. see
where I'm going?

This is not going to be as much of a problem once we have a good foundation
of translated PO's.. but for now, I don't want to have people STOP working
on translation because of files being committed.. and I certainly don't
want any work to be for a deprecated string or something of that sort.

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/     |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                    |
| University of North Texas            | http://fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |