Re: More questions

>Actually, we've discussed this a lot before, and functional translation is
>not practical, especially with those terms that are often used (in the case
>of the "infrequently used" different kinds of menus I guess it can pass),
>so it would better be avoided when possible.

Since some of us are "new" it would be great to post a pointer to the past
discussion to minimize list traffic.  Thanks.

>> No sense translating acronyms
>
>It does if the word has been lexicalized (i.e. became a word in practice) in
>Arabic. In which case, what is an acronym in English simply becomes a full
>word in Arabic. Simplicity rules.

I think we are in agreement.  You would like to translate CD to sidi, for
example because it has caught on.  So do I (though for a different reason).
Take "laser" for an example.

I suggested to prefix sidi for example with qors to give it a context.  If
the context is clear then qors is clearly not necessary.

>In any case, the final decision is up to the one who does the job.

Yes.  Whatever works.  A consensus will eventually emerge.

bassem