Re: Othman: a new project help needed, next generation Quran browser and reciter

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 10:17:43AM +0200, moayyad sadi wrote:
> the screen shot is on https://groups.google.com/group/ubuntume

You cannot view the group's content or participate in the group because you are not currently a member.  Members must be approved before joining.

I'm not interested in joining UbuntuME

> help needed, please join
> 1. we need to choose (pick) the best available audio files (just links
> for each sura audio file and permissions to distribute) [note that
> Othman project is GPLed ie. free software this helps]
> 2. upload them to a single common site (ubuntume anon FTP for example)
> 3. tag the verses with the application designed for this purpose
> (distributed team work, I tag this and you tag that)
> 4. convert audio files to what ever ogg/vorbis speex  to what ever
> quality (verses tag files work on any format having the timing)

I wonder, why not fix libquran instead of working on a new project ?

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.