Re: Automatic .po file translator

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 03:24:56PM +0300, Ahmad Sayed wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I done the need code change to the SDL based game I worked on to make it able
> to handle and shape arabic character, i am going to begin the real po file
> translation i will go with Pootle, and see it seems very interesting.

I'm not sure if you know about this, but there is SDL-Pango
http://sdlpango.sourceforge.net/ which allows using Pango with SDL
applications.

I believe that using Pango provides very fine Arabic
support compared to other solutions that relay on the incomplete Unicode
presentation forms (it doesn't cover Pashto for example). Also fine
typographical features like proper tashkil placement, that we add to the
latest release Arabeyes fonts, can't be accessed without an OpenType
capable rendering engine, and Pango is the most mature FOSS one.

Salam,
 -Khaled