Re: building an Arabic encoding correction tool

In M$ word -> tools -> correct corrupted text,
أدوات-> إصلاح النص المقطوع
this tool assumes that the text is binary corrupted,
and try to rebuild it, to match the languages you choosed, not just the encoding
only changing the encoding don't work on such text.
because there are many transfers and encoding protocol involved,
mime, base64, utf-8...etc
I'm talking of such tool.
this problem almost happens between multi Emails transfere systems,
especially if there are header modification or body addition as in groups.

at the end, encoding assumption at the opening of file existed in OOo,
and more powerful than M$, but this is not our case.

أحمد فرغل wrote:
My best guess is that he means the tool that Microsoft Word has that
tries to choose the best encoding when you first try to open a file
with encoding problems.

I haven't used Microsoft Office in years and this feature isn't
particularly high profile so my description of it is quite terrible.
Or maybe he means adding Arabic to the list of languages that Firefox
auto-detects their encoding, through an add-on?

I don't know. I could be wrong and he meant something different entirely.