Re: RFS: AlQalam Qur'an typesetting macros for TeX/LaTeX

as-salamu alaykom,

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 03:00:41AM +0300, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> 1) ITP reports are there to guard against duplicating the work.
>    You submit an ITP then you start working. Not the other way around.
>    This might not be a big issue when it comes to packages related to Arabic as
>    probably no one else will care much but you never know.

How does it guard against duplicating the work ?

> 2) Please check with lintian first (I know the 2nd should be ignored,):
>    W: alqalam: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-with-dh_make-boilerplate
>    W: alqalam: wrong-bug-number-in-closes l3:#nnnn
>    I didn't check the package yet. Please only submit lintian clean packages.

Well, the first should be ignored too for the time being, because as I
mentioned in the first email, I still don't have copyright info. I don't
know all the upstream authors & they still didn't decide to license
AlQalam with GPL or LPPL.

> 3) I have no experience with TeX/TeTeX/LaTeX. I also need to check thwab also.
>    You are fast for me ;-)

Fast ? I was supposed to do this package months ago :)

--
 GPG KeyID: 0x9DCA0B27 (@ pgp.mit.edu)
 GPG Fingerprint: 087D 3767 8CAC 65B1 8F6C  156E D325 C3C8 9DCA 0B27