Re: RFS: AlQalam Qur'an typesetting macros for TeX/LaTeX

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 11:01:37PM +0200, Ahmed El-Mahmoudy wrote:
> as-salamu alaykom,
>
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 04:40:52PM +0200, Ahmed El-Mahmoudy wrote:
> >   2. There's a font file 'Uqnskh.fd' that I dunno where to install,
> >   anyone knows where '*.fd' files are installed in TeX/LaTeX system ?
> Ok, al-hamdu liLah, I found the answer for that, I just tried the
> package now, and it is working :)
>
> Btw, I forgot to mention another issue, is that I don't mention the bug
> number in (Closes: #nnnn). I just filed an ITP and waiting for the
> number..
>
> Here's the link for the new package:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/alqalam/alqalam_0.2-1.dsc
>
> wa jazakum Ullahu khairan...

My 0.02 Euros:

1) ITP reports are there to guard against duplicating the work.
   You submit an ITP then you start working. Not the other way around.
   This might not be a big issue when it comes to packages related to Arabic as
   probably no one else will care much but you never know.

2) Please check with lintian first (I know the 2nd should be ignored,):
   W: alqalam: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-with-dh_make-boilerplate
   W: alqalam: wrong-bug-number-in-closes l3:#nnnn
   I didn't check the package yet. Please only submit lintian clean packages.

3) I have no experience with TeX/TeTeX/LaTeX. I also need to check thwab also.
   You are fast for me ;-)

Cheers,

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.