Re: Permission to distribute Allah.com's Quran translation

On الخميس 27 سبتمبر 2007, Youssef Assad wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 02:11:40 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Ossama Khayat <okhayat at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> > I agree with M. Yousif. You cannot verify the validity of the
> > translation and I also don't trust the content that comes from
> > Allah.com in any aspect.
> >
> > - Ossama
>
> I can't think of a better case for forking!

The library is not supposed to provide translations, only the means to use an
existing translation provided by the user and assumed to be valid. However,
it would be nice if the project could select some translations and make them
available as a bonus to the user and in that case I would only suggest widely
accepted and agreed upon translations.

In short, the user is free to choose any translation or any text but the
project developers won't waste their time provding questionable texts for him
and the library should warn the user about this type of texts in the same way
a P2P sharing program would warn its users about illegal sharing.

--
Lt. Mohammed Yousif
Signal Corps