Re: Zekr in Debian

Salaam,

Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> I'd leave the packaging license as it is since I don't really know.
>
> We still have one warning:
> W: zekr-quran-translations-en: using-first-person-in-templates quran-translations-en/present-Zekr-Quran-Trans-disclaimer
> N:
> N:   You should avoid the use of first person ("I will do this..." or "We
> N:   recommend..."). The computer is not a person and the Debconf templates
> N:   do not speak for the Debian developers. You should use neutral
> N:   construction and often the passive form.
> N:
> N:   If this template is only used internally by the package and not
> N:   displayed to the user, put "for internal use" in the short
> N:   description.
> N:
> N:   Refer to Developers Reference, section 6.5.2.5 for details.
> N:
>
> Can you please fix it ? ;-)

The first-person warning is because of the following excerpt chosen from
 preface of Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation.

"Gentle and discerning reader! what I wish to present to you is an
English Interpretation, side by side with the Arabic Text. The
English shall be, not a mere substitution of one word for another,
but the best expression I can give to the fullest meaning which I can
understand from the Arabic Text."

I believe the above passage can help the new readers in understanding
that muslims believe Quran cannot fully be understood and translated.

So, if you don't mind I prefer to leave this one as it is :)

Mohammad