Re: RFS: acon & thwab-lib

as-salamu alaykom,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 02:11:52PM +0200, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> in the copyright file you have:
> Upstream Author: Ahmed Abdel-Hamid Mohamed <ahmedam at mail dot usa dot com>
> License:
>   Copyright (C) 1999-2000 Kristian Gunstone <kristian dot gunstone at pean dot org>
>
> it doesn't state that the work is copyrighted Ahmed Abdel-Hamid Mohamed ?
> Who is Kristian Gunstone ? Why is he mentioned ?
Oh, that was a typo ! I fixed it.

> Why are you Using install -m 4755 instead of dpkg-override to set setuid for acon. ?
The previous sponsor wanted it that way I think. Also the original
Makefile had it this way: install -m 4711
I just patched it to be 4755.

> Otherwise, great package. well done!
Please have a look at it after the copyright fix, also I used quilt
instead of dpatch system:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/acon/acon_1.0.5-4.dsc

> >   thwab-lib: Electronic Encyclopedia System
> >     http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/thwab-lib/thwab-lib_1.1.2-1.dsc
>
> This needs extensive checking. I'm a bit busy these days but I'll try to free(some_time)

Ok.