Re: Summer of Code

Waalaikum salam,
Portability:
Absolutely. I've compiled it under win32 using mingw, and created a C#
bindings for it, and a simple C# frontend.
Good to know this. I've tried doing something like this before, but
because of the dependancies, I gave up. Getting speex to compile was
the hardest at that time. Things change by now.

One File per aya:
Good point, i was wrong, i didn't think about the "fast" muqre2 :)
(e.g. Ahmed Al Ajamy, Mashary Rashed ).
i guess if we have a well documented interface it would be good.
You can check my web application for it. I've announced it under general.

Audio Support in the library: I'm afraid i'll have to disagree. IMHO this will push most of the work
My opinion in this regards is just probably does not matter, since I
will not be able to contribute much.It is just that I think it would
be easier that way.

P.S.
If you have experience with fonts, i really could use some, as the
quran font does strange things on win32.

Yes, i do have experience in fonts development. I guess if you can show me a screenshot, I can tell you what's wrong. Under windows, there are several things to consider, but mostly will always bring us to USP10.dll. Under Linux, mosltly would be Pango, or KDE (not sure what does it uses). I have both bitter/sweet experience using both. There is no ideal solution yet. In terms of features, last time I check, windows wins. I think that's why even gtk port for windows uses USP10.dll (if available). In terms of flexibility, I think I don't have to mentioned who wins. We all know. If we want to talk about cross platform, well, I can tell you that the solution is not out there (yet).

Regards.