Re: Quran project maintainer (Mohammad DAMT)

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:03:32 +0300
From: "Mohammad DAMT" < mdamt at gnome dot org>
Subject: Re: Quran project maintainer
To: "Development Discussions" <developer at arabeyes dot org>

Pada hari Sabtu, tanggal 21/07/2007 pukul 01:57 -0700, Nadim Shaikli menulis:

Wonderful !!

Thanks Nadim,

> Thank you all for your interest; now its time to forge ahead with
> results !

I've put something in my mind in the wiki page:

http://wiki.arabeyes.org/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A2%D9%86_%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%85/libquran-ng

PS. I don't know to change from RTL to LTR in the wiki.

Please have some comments.
Thank you

Salam Mohammed,
I've read the wiki, sounds like a good start, but I think alot needs to be added :D.
i.e. abit more detailed. I dont expect you to do this alone, get some help from others!
As for speex, last I checked, it had very poor quality! aint ogg alone good enough?

Plugin sounds good, yet I have no idea how it will be like.
It's a nice idea to leave space for tafsir feature, to be added whenever.
and the xml, I dont know what you mean by binary, but agreeing on a binary format, from all member should produce a good output/structured file.
Not sure if you are starting from scratch or carry on with the current one! if from scratch, consider C++, as it brings many advantages :D in my opinion of course.

if you want more comment, just ask :D, as I have a lot to say, and I hope it makes sense :)

Wassalam 3alaikum.