Re: A license needed for authentic/consistency purposes

I agree with you totally, we need a license like that in the ubuntuME
project since it is growing up and we are doing more and more Islamic
Software that need a such license to garanty the content.
Salam
On Wed, December 26, 2007 08:56, moayyad sadi wrote:

>> Is that some kind of trademark enforcement? The same way the Mozilla
>> Foundation does not allow a changed Firefox to be called Firefox?
>>
>> Understood this way, I would agree with you.
>>

> In the article of RMS (founder of GNU) he published some articles
> that are not to be modified, because they were his own ideas
> you can say RMS said so and so if he did not
>
> We muslims have something more worthy of being taken care of its
> authenticity
> it's our free culture
> our free culture is supposed to be freely copied, redistributed and
> developed
> it was even before FSF,
>
> I'll give you an extreme example, some scholars did publish a compilations
> of inauthentic hadiths (sayings of prophet Muhammad)
> so even inauthentic Hadiths are allowed to be redistributed
> for example Imam Al-Albani published a book called
> السلسلة الضعيفة أو صعيف الجامع
> "The inauthentic series or inauthentic compilation"
>
> my idea, Imagine that some one develop his own version of GnuPG
> that tells you that the signature is valid while it's not
>
> so it's not about the title or the trademark
> it's about the false impression given to the user
> my case to protect people from being victims of fraud
> which could be legal because of some license issue

Abdelmonam Kouka
Software Engineer
GNU/Linux user #450141
"Some people see things as they are and say why.
I dream things that never were and say why not?"
                           [George Bernard Shaw]
http://www.ubuntume.com/
http://arabeyes.org/
http://www.ubuntu-tn.org/