Re: Arabeyes fonts 2.0

On 8/20/07, Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya <meor dot ridzuan at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Khaled,
> Congratulations on the release. It has been a while since someone
> really work on the fonts.
>
> May I know, do you develop the font exclusively using fontforge, or do
> you use some other software as well? If you can let me know your exact
> software used, it would be great.

Currently we use fontforge exclusively,  fontforge satisfied our needs so far.

> I can guide you in embedding the bitmap into the font, if that's what you want.

As long as embedded bitmaps will improve font readability at small
sizes, I'm for sure interested in this, at least for fonts that is
suitable for GUI and document use. Let arrange how you'd like to do
this; having IRC meeting, by email, whatever suites you.

--
Khaled Hosny

Egyptian GNU/Linux user
Member of Arabeyes team [www.arabeyes.org]
My Blog: [www.khaledhosny.org]

Support Free Knowledge [ar.wikipedia.org]