Re: Arabeyes fonts 2.0

> Khaled,
> Congratulations on the release. It has been a while since someone
> really work on the fonts.
>
> May I know, do you develop the font exclusively using fontforge, or do
> you use some other software as well? If you can let me know your exact
> software used, it would be great.

We exclusively use FontForge. I think this application has reached a very
mature state. Its scriptability has made the work easier.

> I can guide you in embedding the bitmap into the font, if that's what you
> want.

That would be very appreciated, specially for the Scheherazade based font on
the CVS [1] (Arabic Reesha). Khaled made it bigger, but still, it wasn't very
clear on small sizes. You can use the wiki to describe how to embed bitmaps:

 http://wiki.arabeyes.org/Khotot/Bitmap_embedding

[1] http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/art/khotot/sfd/