Re: Developer Digest, Vol 34, Issue 6

> any other command, is a good idea. I would much rather have a more
> generic solution for ireminder. Something like:
>
> ireminder -exec "command %s"
I do agree that it is better to let the user set the azan player
command, but I dunno how to make perl subsitute '%s' with the audio
(azan) file.

> Where the '%s' is automatically replaced by the prayer name and
> time. This would allow the user to use any command suitable, while
> still be able to test for the prayer name and time (useful for passing
> it to a messagebox command, or for playing a different Athan sound for
> Fajr, for example).
I don't really understand that part, why replace '%s' with prayer name &
time ? What do you mean by "be able to test for prayer name & time" ?
what  is a messagebox command ?