Re: ireminder

Ahmed El-Mahmoudy writes:
 > as-salamu alaykom,
 >
 >   I made few additions to ireminder:
 >   1. capability to play azan (azan file should be supplied by user)
 >   2. display prayer notification in GUI (using notify-send)

Thanks for sharing this, but I don't think hard-coding "mplayer", or
any other command, is a good idea. I would much rather have a more
generic solution for ireminder. Something like:

ireminder -exec "command %s"

Where the '%s' is automatically replaced by the prayer name and
time. This would allow the user to use any command suitable, while
still be able to test for the prayer name and time (useful for passing
it to a messagebox command, or for playing a different Athan sound for
Fajr, for example).

Does this sound reasonable to you? and would you help in coding this?

Salaam and thanks,
Thamer Mahmoud