Porting libitl to Mac OS X Darwin

assalamu alaykum,

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to port libitl to the Mac OS X
Darwin platform. I don't have much experience building packages from
source, but I'm told by those more experienced than I that the libitl
Makefile is Linux-centric, which complicates the process, and that,
instead, autotools and libtools should be used to completely generate
the Makefile.

There is a UNIX to Darwin porting guide at
http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/basics.php?phpLang=en. I'm
willing to do some research and ask for help on the fink mailing list,
if necessary. Also, once there is a clean darwin build, I will package
it for fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net) and add it to its
repository. I'm prepared to maintain the Darwin/fink side of things
once we get them sorted out.

I'm happy to help out in any way I can, but I need someone with more
Linux experience to lend some assistance at this stage.

Jazakumullah khayr.

Mohammed