Arabic Keyboad layout

salam,

im not sure this is the right mailing list , please
note if it isnt.

does any one know of (where or if there exists) a
standard arabic keybord layout description, i noticed
that in the archive of this mailing list there was a
discussion about the issue in Jan 2002 regarding the
adding of an arabic kb layout to the xfree86.

There are some diffrences between the kebord layout
used in MS systems and the ones used in linux , the
ones i used at least , although the arabic characers
are placed the same way in both layouts , but
characters like [,],{,},| and probably others have
diffrent locations , shift + س also gives a
capital S!

so if anyone have any idea, please let me know

maysara a abdulhaq