Re: Developer Digest, Vol 24, Issue 4

Wa alaikum salam,

As I mentioned before, the project has not been updated for quite some
time (probably more than a year). Last time I tried JQuran, it was
very basic application. Not sure it has been updated or not.

However, I'm curious. Why would you want to use J2EE? If you are
interested in developing a web based Quran application, you don't
really need it. I've done it, but only works in Internet Explorer. I'm
looking forward if someone know how to make the audio work under
different browser.

Anyway, if you are serious in contributing to the project, my
suggestion is, just forget about libquran for a while. Write down you
own spec, what is needed to develop a good library. I think there are
a few people have the same opinion as I do. We need to redesign
libquran. Currently, audio handling in the library is, I think a mess.
It forces the users to use speex, and the file format is one ayah per
file. This is not common at all, i mean who uses speex, and have such
a file? Of course, the team have done a marvelous job providing the
audio file. However, this will make the library not flexible enough.
How about  Qari that recites continously several ayahs, like Abd
Rahman Sudais? How to create a file for it?

Anyway, if we have enough interest in the project, maybe someone
should take a lead to further continue the project.

Regards.