Re: Qt_E Project Initiation

On Thursday 07 April 2005 17:27, Ahmad Khalifa wrote:
> Abdulhaq Lynch wrote:
> > this message is to let you know that the Qt_E project has started. This
> > will build on my initial work to arabise Qt/E 2.3.10 which is used by
> > various PDAs (Zaurus, IPAQs running Familiar) as its GUI toolkit.
> >
> > Currently the work enables arabic to be rendered and entered, but cannot
> > easily be edited. A 'proof of concept' translation of some of the base
> > software has been successfully tried.
>
> Congratulations :)
>
> Does it come with QT by default or do you install it
> yourself ??

Distributions based on OE (such as Familiar and OpenZaurus) already include
Qt/E 2.3 so all that is needed is to patch Qt/E so that it supports
RTL/Shaping/Rendering of Tashkeel - which is what this code does - with the
help of minibidi of course.

> > Fonts are also available in the format used by these devices (QPF
> > format).
>
> aarrgghh, fonts... I hate them :)

you, me and the rest of the linux community...:)

wassalaam
abdulhaq