Re: itl library question

abdulhaq writes:
 > assalaamu `alaykum
 >
 > seeing as people are using ITL now 'in the wild' (via kprayertime for
 > instance), it's vital (as far as I'm concerned) that all bug fixes are done
 > as quickly as possible and proper releases made for them so that I can
 > update kprayertime too.
 >
 > I think it would be a good idea to make up a test suite for the prayer time
 > library so that each build can be checked for regression errors etc. I know
 > it's a lot of work but I think it would reap a lot of benefits. Just a
 > thought. If I get time I might start one myself.

Sorry not to have replied earlier. I almost agree with all of your
points. However, I dislike frequent releases because there would be no
adequate period of time to do more testing on my (or anyone's) part. A
test suite of some sort might invalidate that point, though.

Also, I'm currently thinking of creating a stable branch that holds
the 0.6.x while new features, minor bug fixes, and stuff that might
cause regressions go into 0.7. I don't want to unnecessarily
complicate things, but this is starting to sound more reasonable if
major bugs are found while the code in CVS is broken/untested (mostly
for future releases, developing other components, etc...). Anyone have
a thought on dealing with this?

BTW abdulhaq, does the 0.6.2 release fixes the global variable problem
you mentioned here: (at the bottom paragraph)
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/July/msg00156.html

Salaam,
Thamer Mahmoud