Re: Arabbix initial roadmap

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:52:48 +0100
Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:

> On another note, one of the things that I didn't like about
> knoppix/morphix/arabbix was a hardware compatibility bug with my
> laptop, which makes it hang on booting. As slax, damn small linux,
> systemrescuecd and, iirc, suse live cd didn't have this problem, I
> believe that it needn't be so. As far as I am concerned,
> Knoppix/Morphix is not that great..

we need to start with modest goals.

now I believe that if we use the work pf morphix we should really try
and give back, so after we deliver a base release that can be used in
advocacy work we can start looking on how to improve the base we work
on, if we can help in hardware detection or in speeding up the update of
morphix main and mini modules we'll do.

re hardware detection, at eglug we have a hardware detection guru, we'll
try to convince him to help with arabbix but I'd be interested in
knowing if his work phaeronix  (http://www.eglug.org/node/view/584) has
the same hardware problems you faced with knoppix/morhpix.

cheers,
Alaa
--
http://www.manalaa.net