Re: Arabbix initial roadmap

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 08:10, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
[...]
> I know I'm taking this a bit out of context :-) but I remember Anmar
> noting that Mepis' hardware and installer were superior (at one point)
> to morphix's.  In any regard, thought I'd mention that it might be
> worth-while to survey that distro (and others) before moving on.

Please take in mind the value of the community of any distro Arabbix is
going to be based on. As I check Mepis site, I feel they are placing
more emphasis on paid downloads, and a smaller developer community. And
morphix has a good track of supporting distros based on them.

On another note, one of the things that I didn't like about
knoppix/morphix/arabbix was a hardware compatibility bug with my laptop,
which makes it hang on booting. As slax, damn small linux,
systemrescuecd and, iirc, suse live cd didn't have this problem, I
believe that it needn't be so. As far as I am concerned, Knoppix/Morphix
is not that great..