Re: Help regarding arabic in jsp

--- jithesh <jithesh at amlaki dot com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am jithesh from India.
>     I read ur post in the following URL.
>
> http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2003/February/msg00037.html
>     There u have specified that u stored the arabic characters in Oracle 8i
> database and displayed correctly in a jsp page. My requirement is same. I am
> showing the                 arabic words in Oracle 8i database. Its showing
> characters like ' تار�S�� ا�"دفعة '.

As is noted in that post - I am NOT familiar with Oracle and was merely
suggesting UTF-8 encoding be used at ALL times.

>     Here is my code...

>   </head>
>   <%@ page language="java" import="java.util.*,java.sql.*,sun.io.*"%>
>   <jsp:useBean id="International" scope="page" class="jit.International" />
>   <%
>        Connection con=null;
>        con=connect.popConn();
>        International.loadHashtable("LNG1",con,"ARABIC");
>        Hashtable languageHash = International.getHashtable("ARABIC");
>        out.println( languageHash.get("WELCOME") );
>        connect.pushConn( con );
>    %>
>
>     What I am doing is I am loading all the arabic words in a hash
> table and then retrieving and displaying in jsp page.
>     This works perfectly in servlet but fails in jsp.
>
> Can u help me solving this problem.

I'm forwarding this email (and your question) to the 'developer' list and
I highly advise you to subscribe to the list and post all your future
questions there for I won't answer (or forward) personal emails.