A bug in what (was Re: A bug in cut?)?

On Yaum al-Arbi'a 06 Rabi` al-Thaani 1425 01:05 am, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Are you sure your editor is working in the same locale (so
> character set) as your terminal?

yes all of them use unicode but let me ask you all something, can any one
display the attached file in any editor besides vim? It should contain U00D9
(LATIN CAPITAL LETTER U WITH GRAVE)

$vim konsole_bug

konsole display squares, gnome-terminal nothing at all. What about you?

This bug seems very odd to me. It began as a bug in cut, then turned out to be
in  konsole, now is something else. If it goes like this it will turn to be a
bug in MacOSX ;)

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA