Re: X.org influence

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 14:04, Munzir Taha wrote:
> Behdad, Nadim, yes these are Urdu characters and I too doesn't benefit at all
> from their inclusion since I don't know Urdu, but the point is Arabic and
> Farsi installation support can't be included in Mandrake and may be others
> easily if there is no unique font that contains Arabic/Farsi/Urdu glyphs
> especially the ones mentioned by Pablo of MandrakeLinux.com, Please tell you
> non-team ;) to consider these 7 characters. At least, explain this viewpoint
> to them.

I understand the viewpoint. If this was Pashto or Kurdish or something
else, we would have agreed and done it. But the fonts lack the Urdu look
and feel (Nastaliq and all), and many Pakistanis can't even read them
easily, being used to Nastaliq. I would appreciate if you tell this to
Pablo, or anybody else who is blocking Arabic or Persian because of the
lack of a good font for Urdu.

roozbeh