Re: X.org influence

On Saturday 01 May 2004 10:08 am, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Sat, 1 May 2004, Munzir Taha wrote:
> > Adapted from MAPS:
> > If more glyphs could be added it would be perfect. Particularly
> > interesting and easy are: U0679, U0688, U0691, U06C7. Those need a bit
> > more design: U06BA,  U06D2, U06D5. With those 7 extra characters it would
> > also cover Urdu.
> >
> > Please, behdad ask your team to add these 7 glyphs. This would be very
> > valuable to all distros.  It shouldn't be a lot of work.
>
> First, these fonts are not mine, or my team's, I just have been
> asking for more glyphs too :).  Second, these characters does not
> handle Persian, or in fact are never used in Persian.

Behdad, Nadim, yes these are Urdu characters and I too doesn't benefit at all
from their inclusion since I don't know Urdu, but the point is Arabic and
Farsi installation support can't be included in Mandrake and may be others
easily if there is no unique font that contains Arabic/Farsi/Urdu glyphs
especially the ones mentioned by Pablo of MandrakeLinux.com, Please tell you
non-team ;) to consider these 7 characters. At least, explain this viewpoint
to them.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA