Re: BiCon

--- Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
> On 2004-03-29 at 15:27, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > The keymaps for both console and X are named after the country,
> > not the language.  So I renamed "fa.map" to "ir.map".  I don't
> > know about the Arabic map.  By the way, it means that the magic
> > in abicon.in to detect the keymap from LANG should now look in
> > the second part: fa_IR -> ir.  Would be nice if we resolve the
> > issue for "ar.map" first and then fix abicon.in, and probably
> > rename it.
>
> Yes. That means we need more than twenty keymaps (as number of Arabic
> countries). Probably there are differences between countries, can
> anybody confirm?

For now and until someone does it, can't we simply have one ar.map
and have all the country file's simply link (as in 'ln -s') to it.
This would, if anything, work across the board and would bring in
those that know anything about keymaps to correct the problem(s)
by creating new files.  In short, its the simplest thing to do so
as not to delay in BiCon's release.