Re: PuTTY Testing

From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs dot toronto dot edu>
> >On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, ahmad khalifa wrote:
> >
> > > the page says  -10% CHANGE -> EGNAHC -10%
> > > but both putty7 and putty6.5.2  do this: EGNAHC %10-
> > >
> > > so which one is correct ? which one does FriBidi do ?
> >
> >FriBidi does EGNAHC %10- too.
>
> phewww.... thank you very much...
> so its safe now to assume that that page is wrong, or at least
> outdated... :)))

I would, again, recommend you download the reference code and go
by that as a golden model - that is a more correct approach.

thats what i've been saying... im 100% compliant with that code. at least 100% for the implicit side...

a. Fix all crashes (if any remain)

should all be fixed. except 1, where you're in debug mode.

b. Fix any Bidi issues and that dancing ':'

i need someone to tell me how to generate the dancing ':'. because if i cant see it i cant fix it... there are some issues with bidi, that are in the Algorithm but are not essential for ordinary display, like explicit marks and their 61 maximum levels. i think we'd better get simon moving on including the patch before we'd include that stuff in akBidi (or mini or whatever)..

c. Add the appropriate buttons to disable shaping and bidi

added. will upload changes later...

 d. Clean-up the code to where you are comfortable with it
    being consumed publicly.

there is a problem here, i need simon to tell me where to put the initializing code (i.e declarations and mallocs) and the resizing code (i.e realloc). or i could just look for myself and "Afty".

 e. Have an idea of (but not fix) what can be done with regard
    to that space after LAM+ALEF combining so we can engage
    Simon in a dialog to fix it post patch inclusion (ie. how
    best to undisplay a character location in visual mode).

remember when i told u the shifting has a problem of where to shift from ? i.e to shift all chars before the LAA or all after the LAA ? i could pass a param from the Bidi code to the Shaping code indicating the paragraph level (i.e its direction) and shift the other way.

- BTW: i mentioned before that i needed someone to look at the
mirroring code. its not a Bidi thing, its a programming thing. i need
someone with good programming experience and someone != me
to look at the mirroring function and tell me what he thinks.
im looking for comments like, "use a hash table", "use an array", etc.

ak.