Re: PuTTY Testing

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> >From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
>
> >Yup, this crash only happens with the patch applied.  The point here
> >I guess is to stress its redraw functions and I believe there is a
> >leak within somewhere.
>
> should be fixed now... no .exe yet...

As we talked on IRC - your fixes haven't fixed the crash, nothing
new here but simply stating it for the record (there might be more
leaks that you skimmed over).

> >The line should look like this (per what one would expect),
> >
> >   :Here are some Random words -- 3ashwa2eya Kalimat
>
> "per what one would expect" <-- whats that mean ?
> thats what u expect, or thats what it actually looks like ?

That's what it actually needs to look like.

> >Oops, I didn't see it.  You mean,
> >
> >   http://art.arabeyes.org/external/putty1
> >
> >Well there are obvious differences in your output as compared to the
> >'Unicode Reference Code' output in the table listed in,
> >
> >   http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/ucdata.html
> >
> >Will you be addressing those differences ?
>
> differences ?!!!! NO, they're exactly identical, except for the brakets
> and parenthesis and stuff that needs mirroring...

As noted on IRC, there are instances when the '-' is in the wrong
location.  Plus it would be best to use the following test file in
addition to using Fribidi's test-file,

  http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/testbidi/testsrc.txt

> anyway, what i meant is that there is a biiiiig switch statement
> that i had to write a program to generate it from a file.
> is there any better way to do this than the biiiig switch statement?
> its really a Programming question, not Bidi related...

I think this is more a question for Behdad (or get an idea of how
it was done in fribidi).