Re: PuTTY Testing

From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>

Yup, this crash only happens with the patch applied.  The point here
I guess is to stress its redraw functions and I believe there is a
leak within somewhere.

should be fixed now... no .exe yet...

> I couldnt reproduce Number 1. the ls -lF and clear thing. did it
> a few times and everything was OK.

You might need to do it 10-15 times (it differs for me each time).

> there is some leak though. putty's mem consumption keeps rising
> in the Task Manager.

There you go :-)

forgot a few free()s ...

The line should look like this (per what one would expect),

:Here are some Random words -- 3ashwa2eya Kalimat

"per what one would expect" <-- whats that mean ? thats what u expect, or thats what it actually looks like ?

> i did run the tests, didnt u see the screen shots ??  i only added
> mirroring code to it after the screen shots...

Oops, I didn't see it. You mean,

http://art.arabeyes.org/external/putty1

Well there are obvious differences in your output as compared to the
'Unicode Reference Code' output in the table listed in,

http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/ucdata.html

Will you be addressing those differences ?

differences ?!!!! NO, they're exactly identical, except for the brakets and parenthesis and stuff that needs mirroring...

> btw: i really hate the mirroring function, any hints there.?

I'm unsure to what you need mirroring since Bidi is supposed to take
care of everything, but then again I gather this might be a PuTTY
forced issue or something.

i dont understand that line... mirroring is a Rule within the Bidi Algorithm, it states that certain characters (like '(', ')', '[', ...) that have the mirroring property be changed into their respective mirror, if they're on a Right direction run... thats y in line 4 of the screen shots, u see this "he said "KO, )456, 123( SI TI" the ')' and '(' need to be mirrored... anyway, what i meant is that there is a biiiiig switch statement that i had to write a program to generate it from a file. is there any better way to do this than the biiiig switch statement? its really a Programming question, not Bidi related...

> nadim: umm, you mentioned before something about the last
> line, what was it??? cuz i see some strange breaking there...

Yeah, its that strange line breaking is what I noted :-)  Check the
'developer' archives.

ak.