Re: debian/rules packaging problems

Hello Mohammed,

Am 2004-07-10 18:16:19, schrieb Mohammed Elzubeir:

>What I have done (which would be for future releases) is have them all
>copied from the multiple directories into one (during the deb creation).
>I don't believe that having multiple packages for this is necessarily a
>good idea.

But some peoples do not like to install the BIG Packages because of small
Telephone lines :-(  They like to install only some fonts and not ALL.

Oh yes, I have more then 140 arabic and farsi fonts found...
As packages maybe 60 MByte and installed around 180 MBytes !!!

>I have no idea -- never tried to create x packages out of 1 tarball.
>You may be better off asking in a debian-devel related list though.

OK, I have tried to get the answer here, but now I will.
ask on debian-devel where I am since some years.

>Regards

Salam
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi