Re: bicon

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 10:55, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Well, I see absolutely no reason not to check it in CVS as soon
> as possible.  Thanks Mr Alkarouri the replaced code looks fine.

Cool. It was just a courtesy call ;)

> Random things:
>
> * I propose to use the name as "BiCon" in text and "bicon" in
> filenames.

Not a big deal (I am indifferent), but that's fine.

> * FriBidi is written this way.  To be fixed in readme files.

Will fix.

> * HISTORY and some more files need lines to be wrapped.

Will wrap.

> * The Readme.License says that there is BSD licensed code.  File
> can be removed to be later replaced by something like LICENSE.

Will be renamed to COPYING in compliance with our Developer Guide.

> * On naming:  fjoining can become simply joining, or
> bicon_joining.  Same for fconsole.

Will rename.

> * bjoin.c does not sound good to me.  Something like bicon_read.c
> would be good enough.  The idea is to remove this fcon, acon,
> bcon thing ;).

Will remove and rename.

> * While it makes cleanly, 'make distcheck' fails.  Don't know
> why.

Will leave for later (post-cvs import).

> * in configure.ac, package is still named 'farsi'.   And also,
> 'make dist' makes a tarball for you Mr Alkarouri :).

Will rename.

> * I just run bicon in my gnome terminal and the output is fine.
> Just that it ruins a ZWNJ character.  I would figure it out
> later.

Not for me.. I don't seem to have something..

"Couldn't get a file descriptor referring to the console." is what it
pops out.

> * Over time we should port the fucntionality of 'farsi' to bicon.
> I mean the options, etc.
>
> * Is arab.kmap.gz simply a copy of Persian layout for now?  If
> not please put your name.  I don't think I have designed an
> Arabic layout yet ;).

We will import as is for the time being.

> * Well, on a second thought, better we rename bicon.c to
> something like bicon_shell.c or like that.  I mean, we should
> reserve the main 'bicon' name for the thing (shell script /
> whatever) that loads font/keymap/.. and finally runs the filter.
> Don't know.  suggestions please.

Hrmmm.. alright.

> Again, let's check in to CVS so we can all work there.

Will import as soon as I do some clean-ups (as mentioned above).

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |