Re: Things to be done

> I thought one could improve the structure of the quran.xx.xml files.
> Especially the provided meta data (author, translator, source (book,
organisation, university,
> etc.), "digitalizer", something you can report mistakes to, a validating
hash, etc.) ... just things that
> make the source more reliable.
> Also one could enhance the data by marking the name of God or use
different attributes for the
> (arabic or transliterated) sura name and the sura name translation.
> I made a sample of how a future quran.xx.xml could look like:
> http://www.includeme.ma.cx/kuran/libislam/libislam_1_draft.xml .

 That's fine if we have a lot (and I mean a LOT) of people willing to do
that, but it's
 simply a LOT of work.
 I understand that it's a good idea to do this but do we really need it?
 I mean if it's an XSLT application, I would totally agree but it's not and
I don't
 mind postponing most of the functionality to the c/c++ code instead of
doing it
 in the XML file (especially if we are talking about the Qur'an).
 That would make lef much harder for a newbie who want to play with the text
a bit.
 I know we should protect the text with md5/gpg or whatever but that doesn't
mean
 that we shouldn't do anything else, I mean things like the number of verses
each chapter
 has and the places of sajda really needn't go to the XML file (again, since
we are not making
 a XSLT application).
 Anyway, if you can come up with a much simpler XML structure that doesn't
need a lot of
 work, I would appreciate it.

--
Mohammed Yousif