RE: putty can shape now..

Great progress Gents !!!

thanks... its almost finished... i added VIM's shaping...

I think at this point you need to start populating Arabeyes' CVS.  With
M.Elzubeir's help we moved the files that Kamal was working on into a
separate dir (putty-experimental) that will be removed unless someone
claims a need for 'em and I've already created a 'putty' dir.

http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/external/putty/

What we need to put there is the following,

1. A README file akin to what is in the vim dir.

http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/external/vim/

A brief intro and a brief plan, etc.

i think u mean arabic.txt in vim/runtime/docs/ right...? would be nice if i can put my name
in a README file :))))
PuTTy already has a README. so we provide an arabic.txt...
btw PuTTy's binaries are distributed as 1 file, which is the binary executable only... any README
would only accompany the source...

btw2 PuTTy's Source comes with about 5 projects PuTTy and other things, havent checked
the others yet...

 2. A patch file of the work you guys have done so far against PuTTY's
    source code, ie.

$ diff -u putty_code.c.orig putty_code.c >> arabic_putty.patch

will work on that...

is there a way i can do a diff of 2 files and generate 1 patch..?
ex. diff -u putty1.c putty1new.c putty2.c putty2new.c >> putty.patch

never mind, i'll read the man...

The vim code is really bad (I'll be the first one to admit to that).

too late... added it already, and its working...

Sameer's code which was posted on the list,

http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2003/October/msg00011.html

is a much better way to go (I'll add his code to Arabeyes CVS for safe
keeping as it was referred to a number of times already).

im about to kill my self... y didnt u say so earlier... i've been asking about shaping since
i got here, and no one helped (some people even critisized on the general list), but now,
after i used your code, u say its bad, and here use this one...!!!!!!! it'd take anyone 10
minutes to explain it on irc...

BTW: now that shaping is removed from the windows' interaction, we need to
touch base with Simon (per agreed-upon plan) to see how best to proceed
and to get Simon, et al involved in knowing we are serious in getting
this done. Get the code onto Arabeyes' CVS so we can mail him a link
to get his reaction.

well, how do we get the code on CVS, dont we need an acount..? how do we get it...?
i think u need to read my post a few hours earlier with the subject: "PuTTY CAN shape now"
it has a few questions for u...

do u think we really need to remove your code and use the one u mentioned..???

ak...